Learn the essential elements of on-brand digital storytelling to engage your most important audiences.
Storytelling is one of the oldest forms of communication in the world. Modern science has shown that stories affect us deeply neurologically and psychologically — helping us to solve problems, experience pleasure, provide pattern and order, and assimilate into society. In short, humans are wired for story.
Storytelling also plays a significant role in helping institutions of higher education to reveal and build their brand.
As we recruit students or faculty, nurture relationships with alumni and donors, and raise awareness and esteem in the community and among our peers, we tell our stories in order to educate, inspire, engage, and move people to action.
What You Get:
- Two live courses, with on-demand access available within 48 hours:
- Digital Storytelling 101 — April 25 at 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Accessibility for Storytelling — May 30 at 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Six on-demand courses:
- The Anatomy of a Story
- Storytelling for Student Recruitment
- Storytelling to Nurture Loyalty and Increase Support
- Visual Design for Digital Stories
- Illustrations and Infographics for Digital Storytelling
- Analytics for Digital Storytelling
- Unlimited access to video content and slide decks — you can watch (and rewatch!) in any order, and the content never expires
- Ability to offer this professional development to your current and future team and colleagues
Digital Storytelling for Higher Education Covers:
- Essential components and elements of a great story
- Six stages of a digital story’s life
- Principles for using storytelling to build your brand
- Audience-specific storytelling guidance
- Design and accessibility
- Measurement considerations
- Techniques for becoming a masterful storyteller