In order to best serve your audiences, you need to understand their experiences in a meaningful way.
Once you empathize with their experiences, you can create and deploy content to enrich their user journey.
Understand Audience Interactions Through Experience Mapping
An interactive experience mapping workshop will improve your understanding of how a specific audience’s thoughts, emotions, expectations, and actions ebb and flow through a series of interactions with your institution.
Experience Maps and the Mapping Process
Experience maps are graphical representations of the interactions individuals have with a product or service. They’re an effective tool for developing empathy and understanding for your target audience by highlighting their thoughts, feelings, and actions as they seek to accomplish a task, like applying to your institution or donating to the annual fund.
Experience mapping is the process of creating an experience map, including:
- Conducting necessary interviews and research.
- Drafting and iterating the experience map.
- Using the map for content and process strategy.
Applications in Education
- Relating web content to different parts of the prospective undergraduate student journey.
- Uncovering gaps in communications with admitted graduate students.
- Finding opportunities to provide helpful guides to prospective international students.
- Discovering storytelling opportunities to potential annual fund donors.