Step Up Your Enrollment Marketing Campaigns and Strategies
mStoner and TargetX designed a survey focusing on how prospective teen students use a range of digital tools — social media, websites, email, and digital ads — during their college search and selection process, and what information is most helpful at each stage of the journey.
Digital Admissions offers insights from over 1,400 college-bound respondents and sheds light into the intricacies of prospective students' behavior as they decide their futures. This research unearths helpful statistics and observations that will help inform college and university digital admissions and enrollment marketing strategies.
Key Findings Include:
- 54% of respondents said a college’s website was very or extremely important in their decision about whether to apply to that college.
- 73% of respondents have noticed college or university ads on their computer or mobile device. And of those who have, 56% have clicked on at least one.
- 33% of respondents said that they didn’t use social media at all to research colleges and universities, and numerous open-ended comments disparage social media.
You Will Learn:
- What content is important to prospective teens, when and where
- Where to focus your digital enrollment marketing time and energy for maximum ROI
- Which digital tool has the highest impact throughout the entire prospective student journey
- What prospective teens think when they see your institution's digital ads
- Which colleges and universities do it best
Digital Admissions Webinar Presented By:
Michael Stoner, President and Co-Founder, mStoner, Inc.
As President of mStoner, Michael has helped more than 300 education institutions, nonprofits, and businesses tell their stories through the power of digital media. Michael led the very first web strategy projects in higher ed in the 1990s and continues to pioneer new approaches to the unique communication needs of mission-driven organizations. A prolific writer and public speaker, Michael avidly shares resources and thought leadership everywhere, from Inside Higher Ed to the annual CASE conference to the mStoner blog and Higher Ed Live.
Sasha Peterson, CEO, TargetX
Sasha is responsible for the strategic direction and day to day operations of TargetX. Upon joining the business, he oversaw the expansion of TargetX’s product offerings to extend more deeply into the student lifecycle and drove the “mobile-first” design paradigm, which puts the student experience first. Prior to joining TargetX, Sasha held a variety of executive leadership roles at top education technology firms, including President of Hobsons EMT and VP of Partnerships at Altius Education.